SHAH ALAM: A 120-hectare forested area in Hulu Selangor has been encoached and 1,500 pieces of logs illegally logged at it has been seized by the Selangor Forestry Department, said Selangor executive councillor Elizabeth Wong.
The state executive council was told of this during its weekly meeting here Wednesday, she told a press conference afterwards.
Wong said the people behind the illegal logging had been identified and the department had been instructed to lodge reports with the police and the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission for action to be taken.
Asked how long the illegal logging had been taking place, she said the matter was being investigated by the department. -- Bernama
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses