IPOH: Perak Speaker V. Sivakumar was again summoned by the police to give a statement at the state contingent over the deluge of reports lodged against him for suspending Perak Mentri Besar Datuk Dr Zambry Abd Kadir and six executive council members from the state assembly.
He however failed to show up Friday, instead sending his lawyers Ipoh Barat MP M. Kulasegaran and Anthony Augustin to explain his absence.
Kulasegaran said Sivakumar’s office was informed by the police at 3pm Thursday to come forward and record his statement at the Criminal Investigation Department Friday.
This's what the cops good for!!! They act to the benefit of UMNO/BN, not for the RAKYAT.
“He is unable to be present as he is now on holiday outside the state,” Kulasegaran said, adding that Sivakumar was expected to be available by Wednesday.
Noting that Sivakumar was asked to give a statement under Section 111 of the Criminal Procedure Code, Kulasegaran said the explanation was to clear the misconception that the Speaker was being uncooperative.
Beside Friday’s questioning, Sivakumar had last month been questioned by the police and the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission over the same issue.
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses