KUALA TERENGGANU, April 25 — The appointment of Umno vice-president Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein as the new Terengganu Umno liaison committee chief is good to resolve the crisis of confidence in Mentri Besar Datuk Ahmad Said.
Former Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh said the appointment would also resolve the matter of appointing a Barisan Nasional state assemblyman as the co-ordinator for BN state assemblymen.
Idris, the Jertih state assemblyman, said this would also resolve the appointment of village development and security committee (JKKK) members that had been denied to state assemblymen by the mentri besar.
"I believe the party's administration would be better and organised," he said in a SMS note to Bernama today.
He was commenting on the appointment of Hishammuddin, who is also Home Minister, as the Terengganu Umno liaison committee chief by Umno president Datuk Seri Najib Razak yesterday.
On April 14, 10 BN state assemblymen refused to attend the state assembly sitting, citing threats to their safety.
Their actions were linked to threatening SMSs received by three BN state assemblymen of Permaisuri (Abdul Halim Jusoh), Paka (Zakaria Abdullah) and Ajil (Datuk Rosol Wahid) on April 13 relating to the political crisis in the state.
The issue is believed to have come about after the mentri besar made a statement that he would sack any BN state assemblyman who tabled a motion of no confidence against him. — Bernama
Sunday, April 26, 2009
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses