PUTRAJAYA: Former Selangor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Mohd Khir Toyo had a six-hour interview with the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) over the purchase of his huge bungalow and the alleged abuse of funds from an association formerly headed by his wife.
It is learnt a senior officer interviewed Dr Khir about the two cases shortly after he arrived at the MACC office here at about 8.30am.
Dr Khir was believed to have used the basement entrance to enter the office and left at 2.30pm unnoticed by pressmen waiting outside.
Deputy director of investigation Sazali Salbi said the MACC was investigating Dr Mohd Khir over the purchase of his palatial mansion in Section 7 Shah Alam as well as alleged abuse of Balkis (Wives of Selangor elected representatives association) funds.
“We will study the contents of his statement and pass it to our officers in the legal and prosecution department for further action.
“If we feel there is a need for us to call him again we will do so,’’ he said, adding that Dr Mohd Khir cooperated with his officers.
The MACC started investigating the former mentri besar following allegations made in a blog, as well as that by DAP Sekinchan assemblyman Ng Swee Lim who claimed the palatial mansion in Section 7 was worth about RM24mil.
Dr Mohd Khir has denied his mansion cost RM24mil as claimed.
He said he bought the place for RM3mil and has denied any wrongdoing in the purchase of the house as well as any alleged malpractice involving Balkis funds.
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses