The funeral of Mr Teoh who died after questioning by anti-graft officials drew thousands of angry mourners, threatening to raise tensions in Malaysia. -- PHOTO: REUTERS
SHAH ALAM - A FRESH twist has emerged in the case concerning the death of Democratic Action Party (DAP) political aide Teoh Beng Hock after he was questioned by a graft agency probing misuse of funds by some Selangor state assemblymen.
Documents purportedly showing details of money being siphoned off to non-existent organisations and individuals by certain Selangor executive councillors have surfaced in an anonymous blog.
The blog also alleged that Mr Teoh was forced to be involved in the scam and that he had made copies of all the vouchers and stored them in a disk of which a copy was said to have been given to someone for safekeeping.
The allegations were immediately denied by executive councillor Ronnie Liu, who dismissed the blogger's claim that Mr Teoh had left behind evidence of wrongdoings by DAP leaders.
He said he did not believe such a disk existed.
Mr Liu also said the documents on the blog were doctored and said the details of all public spending were recorded and coupled with photographic evidence.
'We are following the procedures used by the previous Barisan Nasional government and we are doing more, by also having photo evidence,' he said, adding that all programmes also needed the approval of the district office before they can be implemented.
Documents supposedly showing names, cheque numbers and vouchers from the state assemblymen's development allocations have appeared on a blog called Truth For Teoh Beng Hock on Friday.
The blog alleged that dummy companies were paid with fake invoices for non-existent projects using the allocations.
Seven Pakatan Rakyat assemblymen in Selangor were reportedly being investigated for alleged misuse of constituency development funds.They include Mr Ean Yong Hian Wah, who was Mr Teoh's boss. -- THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses