PORT DICKSON, Oct 10 - Indications are that Indian voters in the Bagan Pinang state constituency will help the Barisan Nasional (BN) win the by-election tomorrow, according to a member of the BN Supporters Club.
R. Nantha Kumar, former Kedah MIC chief, said this was based on the number of members the club had secured in the constituency.
He said the club was set up after many Indians, angry with the MIC, gave their support to the opposition Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR), adding that the club provided a platform for the Indians who disliked the MIC to express support for the government.
Nantha Kumar said members of the club comprised people of all communities but the Indian members numbered about 2,000.
He said the Indians were disappointed with the PKR leadership which he claimed failed to fulfill its promises after the party had won in the elections, alleging that Teluk Kemang Member of Parliament Datuk Kamarul Baharin Abbas, whom the Indians had helped to win in the general election, never interacted with the constituents.
"Many now realise that the PKR will not help the Indians. They do not think the PKR will administer the country. Only the BN can help the Indians through Umno," he said.
Another club member, K. Sanjkaram, 32, said he joined the club after being disappointed with the unfulfilled promises of the PKR.
"The Indians have begun to have confidence in the credibility of Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak. Previously, the support could have been 50:50 but now it looks like it is more than 60 per cent," he said.
The Bagan Pinang by-election is a straight fight between Tan Sri Mohd Isa Samad of the BN and Zulkefly Omar of PAS. The by-election has been necessitated by the death of state assemblyman, Azman Mohd Noor of the BN, on Sept 4.
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses