KUALA LUMPUR: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad wants MCA delegates to vote for a clean leader at the party’s extraordinary general meeting Saturday.
The former Prime Minister said leaders must be clean, adding that it was not the views of the leader’s supporters that were important.
“We have had tainted leaders who appeared to be accepted by the party but general election results will verify or reject the appearance of support,’’ he said in an interview with news portal, Malaysian Mirror.
He said “leaders must be as clean as possible and that it is not one’s supporters opinion that is important.”
Dr Mahathir was asked to give his comments ahead of the MCA EGM where 2,380 delegates will decide the fate of its two leaders, Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat and Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek.
“MCA may go to greater heights under your leadership but acceptance by Malaysia’s multi-racial votes is more important,’’ he said.
Dr Mahathir said the winner needed to quickly accommodate those in the losing camp to ensure that the party regained its lost strength and be an “attractive” party again for the Chinese community.
Friday, October 9, 2009
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses