Thursday, October 15, 2009

MACC closes case on Lunas assemblyman

ALOR SETAR: The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) has closed its investigation on Lunas assemblyman Mohd Radzhi Salleh who was alleged to have made excessive claims amounting to more than RM148,000 in a 12-month period beginning in March last year.

Kedah MACC director Idrus Jaafar said the decision was made after the Commission found that the claims were valid.

“All his claims were supported with documents, witnesses and recipes and we did not find any ‘hanky-panky’ involved,” he said after the state MACC Raya Open House here on Thursday.

Who's The Real Traitor?

Idrus said that Mohd Radzhi, the former state Tourism, Community Development and Human Resources Committee chairman, was among four politicians in Kedah investigated by the Commission this year.

He said the investigation into the three others would end soon, but declined to elaborate.

In June, Mohd Radzi came out to say he was being investigated by MACC for allegedly making excessive claims.

The allegation was first raised in May by a blogger known only as “penyiasat persendirian” who said that Mohd Radzhi had made 36 trips to Langkawi between March 2008 and March this year, making a whopping RM148,922.65 in claims during the period.

Following the allegation, the state government was reported to have conducted an internal investigation.

On Aug 23, Mohd Radzhi announced that he had quit PKR and declared himself an independent, saying he had lost confidence in the party’s leadership.

On Aug 26, the Sultan of Kedah Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah consented to a request by Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Azizan Abdul Razak to strip Mohd Radzhi of his post.

1 comment:

Hamba said...

Was there even any doubt that he will be spared by SPRM? None what so ever!