IPOH: Bota assemblyman Datuk Nasarudin Hashim has put his self-interest above that of Umno’s struggles, party president Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said.
Expressing his disappointment over Nasarudin’s decision to defect to PKR, Abdullah described the assemblyman as being “weak.”
“If you are strong, you will face up to all challenges that come your way,” he told reporters in Ayer Kuning, about 50km from here, after launching the Rural Action Plan on Thursday.
“As a party member or leader, you are bound to face problems and have to make sacrifices. But if you are willing to continue with the party’s struggles, you will enjoy the fruits of your labour later.”
Speaking of his own experience, the Prime Minister said he had faced problems when he was left with no positions in the party before.
“But I did not turn it into an issue and sulk and leave the party. I did not leave the party when I was facing problems as all my struggles were for the party,” he said, adding that he continued with his struggles with the party till now.
“If I were to resign, I would not be here today (at the event),” he pointed out.
On Perak Umno liaison committee chief Datuk Seri Mohammad Tajol Rosli Ghazali’s decision to step down as Perak Umno chief, Abdullah said the Pengkalan Hulu assemblyman made the decision as he wanted to assume responsibility for Nasarudin’s defection.
“He (Tajol) is a man with heavy responsibilities. He felt that Nasarudin’s action should not have taken place,” he added.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses