GEORGE TOWN: Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng on Tuesday again called on the Federal Government to approve a RM500mil allocation to the state so that big projects that had already been plannned could be carried out.
“I hope Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi will approve the sum to enable the monorail and Penang Outer Ring Road projects and the Second Penang Bridge, which is underway, to be successfully completed,” he said at the Penang Chinese Town Hall’s Chinese New Year open house here.
He said the projects would be of great benefit to the people of Penang.
Also present were Penang Yang Dipertua Negeri Tun Abdul Rahman Abbas, PCTH chairman Tan Sri Lim Gait Tong, Gerakan president Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon and Penang MCA chairman Datuk Liow Tiong Lai. -- Bernama
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses