KUALA LUMPUR: Umno Youth has threatened to demonstrate every day in front of Karpal Singh’s office until he apologises for his stated intent to take the Sultan of Perak to court over the Mentri Besar issue.
Some 50 Selangor and the Federal Territory Umno Youth members wearing yellow bandanas assembled at 9.30am Tuesday, holding placards and banners in front of Menara Maybank in Jalan Tun Perak here. They shouted slogans denouncing the DAP national chairman.
The group then marched about 200m along Jalan Pudu towards his office under the watchful eyes of police and members of the Federal Reserve Unit.
However, the group failed to personally submit its four-page memorandum and instead pushed it under his office door.
Karpal, when met later in his office, refused to apologise for his statement, citing the legislation that allows him to bring any member of the royal family to court if there was a need.
He also hit out at the police for allowing the demonstrators to march to his office.
Dang Wangi OCPD Asst Comm Zulkarnain Abdul Rahman acknowledged the group did not have a permit, but said he used his discretion in warning its members to disperse within 15mins, which they did so.
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses