IPOH: Perak Mentri Besar Datuk Dr Zambry Abd Kadir and two journalists were summoned to appear before the state’s Committee of Special Privileges.
Dr Zambry, who turned up at state assembly speaker V. Sivakumar’s office at the State Secretariat here at 3.30pm Tuesday, left after 20 minutes and declined to reveal what was discussed.
Asked whether it was regarding a newspaper report, Zambry said:
“I can’t comment on that. I am here as a show of respect to the speaker.”
On whether he would attend the committee’s meeting Wednesday, before which he and his six newly sworn-in state executive councillors had been summoned to appear, Dr Zambry said:
“You will know tomorrow.”
Later, Sivakumar said Dr Zambry and the journalists from The Star and Sin Chew Daily were summoned to gather information related to a report which appeared in local dailies on Feb 15 on his conduct as a speaker.
“It is related to a comment made against the speaker and we are here to compile a report on the matter,” he said, adding that no decisions were made during the meeting.
He said Dr Zambry cooperated fully during the meeting.
The committee consist of five members from Pakatan Rakyat and one from Barisan Nasional, with Sivakumar as chairman.
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses