GEORGE TOWN: DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng defended Karpal Singh and blamed former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad for the uproar over the DAP national chairman’s plan to sue the Sultan of Perak.
He said Karpal was merely stating a matter of law that the Sultan could be taken to court.
Lim, who is Penang Chief Minister, said it was Dr Mahathir who was behind the 1993 constitutional amendment that allowed Rulers to be stripped of their immunity from prosecution.
“If we look at history, the person who made this law was from Umno itself. If you want to place blame, then blame the Umno person who is responsible for the deed,” he told pressmen before receiving a courtesy call from the Penang Bar Committee at his office in Komtar Friday.
Asked whether public support was waning for the DAP stemming from Karpal’s outburst against the Sultan, Lim retorted that it was only Umno who was angry with the party leader.
“What wrong has been committed by Pakatan Rakyat or Karpal Singh?” he asked.
Friday, February 13, 2009
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses