Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Short Story Of Malaysian Cop and AG

—PRESS STATEMENT FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE —
20th February 2009.



1. On 1st July last year 2008, I made a police report against Gani Patail and Musa Hassan stating that they were amongst the persons involved in fabricating evidence against me in the police investigation into the assault on me by Rahim Noor.

2. I regret that it has been over 8 months now and there is no sign of any action being taken by the ACA ( now the much touted MACC ).

3. We are told last December in Parliament by Minister Nazri that the investigation papers are with the Chambers of the Attorney General. How much confidence can that generate when it is Gani Patail himself who is directly implicated in an offence of fabricating evidence.

4. Detailed information about the involvement of Gani Patail in the process of that police investigation has been revealed in the Statement of Claim filed by Dato Mat Zain ( the investigating officer in my assault case ) in his civil suit against me confirming irrefutably the role of Gani Patail and Musa Hassan in that sorry episode.

5. That information together with an insightful analysis of the proceedings of the Royal Commission has now shown me that Gani Patail and Musa Hassan were involved in another instance of fabricating evidence.

6. The facts also show that they were involved ( with other senior police officers ) in the fabrication of a false police report ( Travers Report 3977/98 )in relation to my arrest made by ACP Koh, my arresting officer at 2 am on 21st September 1998, stating that I was arrested under the ISA, instead of the sodomy allegation that was stated to me by Koh when he effected the arrest at my home a few hours earlier. This was done in a conspiracy to prevent the fact of my assault and injuries being made known to the public, as I would not have to be produced in court subsequently.

7. Gani Patail and Musa Hassan as persons who had committed such offences in the past. Yet they have been entrusted with the leadership of critical agencies such as the police and the AG’s chambers.

8. I have today lodged a police report in relation to their role in the conspiracy resulting in Koh lodging a false police report against me on 21st September 1998. I say that this further confirms their role in the conspiracy behind the lodging of the police report by Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan on 28th June 2008 as a fabricated report.

9. I call for immediate action in relation to my earlier police report lodged on 1st July 2008.

ANWAR IBRAHIM
20 February 2009

No comments: