IPOH: Perak Pakatan Rakyat will file a legal suit to challenge the validity of Datuk Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir as Mentri Besar in Kuala Lumpur Thursday.
State DAP secretary Nga Kor Ming said Pakatan was worried about the impartiality of High Court judges in Ipoh if the case were to be filed here.
“All documents related to the suit are ready,” he said on Wednesday.
Pakatan is seeking a declaration that the swearing-in of Dr Zambry as mentri besar was illegal and wrong in the eyes of the law.
Under the Perak Constitution, unless there is a vote of no confidence against Datuk Seri Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin in the state assembly, he would still be considered the mentri besar, Nga said.
He argued that any government formed without the approval of the assembly would be considered illegal.
Nga, who is also Pantai Remis assemblyman, also claimed that in this case, any agreements signed by the Barisan Nasional state government might be considered illegal as well.
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses