Khir Toyo - Before and After Botox.
SHAH ALAM: Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim has filed two defamation suits against Sungai Besar state assemblyman Datuk Seri Dr Mohd Khir Toyo for allegations over the purchase of 46 cows and another related to his personal car, a Lexus.
Solicitor Sankara Nair, who filed the suits at the High Court in Shah Alam on Wednesday, said the suits were about Dr Khir’s allegations that were libelous in nature.
No financial damages were specified as Khalid was not looking for financial gain but vindication, he said.
If Dr Khir had apologised, within the seven-days given, it would not have come to this, he said.
Sankara said that despite two letters of demand for an apology, retraction and damages were posted to the former Selangor Menteri Besar Dr Khir on Feb 4, no apologies or retraction of his statements were made.
“On my client’s (Khalid) part there are no transgressions as he has the documents to back up his purchase of the Lexus and on the purchase of the cattle (for Hari Raya Aidiladha) it was made solely by PKNS and donor firms, without his involvement,” he said.
Accompanied by two lawyers K. Praveena and Wan Anuar Shaddat, Sankara said now it was up to the courts to decide on the matter.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses