PETALING JAYA: Pakatan Rakyat will seek an urgent audience with Sultan Azlan Shah to ask for a review of the Ruler’s decision in consenting to the appointment of Datuk Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir as the new Perak Mentri Besar.
“We will appeal to the Sultan to re-look the laws relating to the removal of Datuk Seri Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin and let the court ascertain the legitimacy of Dr Zambry’s appointment,” said PKR de facto leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim at a press conference at the party’s headquarters here on Friday.
The press conference was also attended by DAP adviser Lim Kit Siang and PAS deputy president Nasharuddin Mat Isa.
Anwar said a team of legal experts from PKR, DAP and PAS would meet to discuss and study a legal suit to challenge the validity of Dr Zambry’s appointment.
He said that the coalition stood by Nizar, whom it recognised as the rightful Mentri Besar according to the Perak constitution.
Anwar added that Nizar’s refusal to resign was not an issue of treachery. “Why must Barisan Nasional play on that? They are afraid of a by-election because they have witnessed what we have achieved in Kuala Terengganu and Permatang Pauh,” he said, adding that there were no provisions in the Perak constitution to force Nizar to resign.
When asked whether Pakatan would support an anti-hopping law following the resignation of three of its members, Anwar said: “This is something that we have to study carefully. We need to draft a proper legislation.”
On the demonstration held by Pakatan supporters in Kuala Kangsar on Friday afternoon, Anwar urged all parties not to create chaos.
“We also appeal to the police on duty to act professionally and not cause any provocation,” he added.
Friday, February 6, 2009
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses