PETALING JAYA: The prime minister will brief the Council of Rulers on the political development in Perak at its next meeting
Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi will brief the Council of Rulers on the political development in Perak at its next meeting.
He said it was up to the Council of Rulers to deliberate and make a decision on the matter.
On calls from quarters in Umno for the Council of Rulers to convene a special meeting to discuss what they deemed as an a disrespect by the Opposition against the Malay Rulers following the situation in Perak, Abdullah said the Council of Rulers met once every three months.
“I will also be present and possibly will brief the meeting on what has happened and the reasons.
“Any view or decision on the matter will be up to the rulers. I am only responsible for providing information on what has happened,” he said after launching the Hutan Kita - Kiara Our Forest programme at Taman Bukit Kiara in Taman Tun Dr Ismail on Sunday.
On the Perak State Assembly Speaker, he said the Government had yet to decide on who would become the new Speaker.
On the position of Pakatan Rakyat’s Tronoh assemblyman V. Sivakumar who has maintained he is still the Speaker as he was voted Speaker through the state assembly and could only be relieved the same way, Abdullah said: “There will be approaches that we will use to replace the Speaker later.”
Sunday, February 15, 2009
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses