IPOH: While Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohd Nizar Jamaluddin maintains he is still in power, the State Secretariat Building was cordoned off by police Thursday afternoon.
This followed a directive issued by state secretary Datuk Dr Abdul Rahman Hashim for Mohd Nizar and his entire executive council to vacate their offices with immediate effect.
Nizar however told reporters that despite the order, he would still be going to his office as usual.
“The state secretary had contacted me and told me that I am no longer the Mentri Besar, that he has taken charge of the building. He has told me that I will have to be escorted if I want to collect my belongings.
“But I am still the Mentri Besar, and I will go to office as usual,” he said.
The two main entrances had been blocked and those without official business were denied entry.
Federal Reserve Unit trucks were seen on standby close to the main entrance.
Meanwhile, the state assemblyman for Buntong A. Sivasubramaniam said letters to vacate were issued by the state secretary to all the exco members immediately after Sultan Azlan Shah had asked Nizar to resign.
In the letters, he said, Abdul Rahman also directed them to surrender the keys to their offices, official cars and other state property that were in their keeping.
“Officials were also sent to their offices to escort their personal assistants out of the building,” he added.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses