GEORGE TOWN: DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng has asked Jelapang assemblyman Hee Yit Foong to reconsider her decision to quit the party and become an Independent.
He said her move to support Perak Barisan Nasional was tantamount to betraying the trust of those who voted her in.
‘‘I believe she is the first DAP assemblyman to cause a (state) government to fall. The issue is not about her leaving the party but leaving the people who supported her,’’ Lim, who is Penang Chief Minister, told a press conference at his office.
He accused Hee of making a mockery of the democratic election process.
Asked if the engineering of defections in Perak would spread to Penang, Lim was confident it would not occur because the Pakatan government was strong with a clear two-thirds majority.
He also supported DAP chairman Karpal Singh’s call for a proposal for an amendment to the Federal Constitution, seeking to outlaw any form of party hopping or political defections.
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses