By Shannon Teoh and Adib Zalkapli
KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 13 — Datuk Seri Nizar Jamaluddin's Pakatan Rakyat administration is naming newly sworn-in Perak Menteri Besar Datuk Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir as the sole defendant in a suit filed here today to declare the Barisan Nasional government illegal.
Nizar is seeking to have his administration declared the legitimate government in Perak, and by naming only Zambry, his legal team appears to be targeting the new MB as a focal point in the power grab instead of the Perak Sultan.
This strategy is designed to deflect attention from Sultan Azlan Shah, who has come under heavy criticisms for deciding to effectively dismiss Nizar, which is something some constitutional experts argues he does not have a right to do, and to appoint a new MB from BN.
Umno and BN are now attempting to galvanise Malay support in particular behind the Malay Rulers and to portray PR leaders as traitors.
At the Kuala Lumpur court complex here this morning, Nizar led a group of about 50 supporters in chants of "Hidup Rakyat" as he walked in to file the court case.
- The Most Corrupted Malaysian
- THE TAIB CROWN JEWELS
- Anwar’s Acquittal – What Are The Hidden Messages?
- ‘PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT’ WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?
- The difference between Rosmah and Imelda: Rosmah's handbag costs more
- Fairy-tale rise of Perak's princess in Malaysia's corporate world
- Taib Mahmud: The Most Corrupted & Bastards Chief Minister
- BN pouring in RM80mil for 620 votes
- Malaysian PM caught up in murder, bribery scandal
- Why Najib has enough money for RM36bil MRT but not enough for civil servants' bonuses